The Places I've Been: Flashback: Togo 2003


The Places I've Been

A spot to preserve my memories

Flashback: Togo 2003

I realized today that a blog of my travels that begins in October of 2006 is missing more than a decade of amazing places and experiences. In no way can 8 pics sum up my 2 month stay in Kara, Togo in the summer of 2003, but I'll at least try. I'll save the elephant pics and video for a future post...Some Christians from the village of Legue Legue. The man with the cane, Nestor, is a really cool guy, and I look forward to spending more time with him in the coming years. The other 3 are very young Christians who will hopefully be leaders in the Kabiye churches for years to come... On a hike with 2 of my favorite people in the world!
Me and a random Kabiye dude. Nobody knows who this is, but it's a pretty cool pic nonetheless...
Hiking on a ridge very near to Kara. Gotta love the rainy season and the beauty it brings along with it...
Playing some b-ball with some Togolese kids. I look like a great white giant...
I love that in Togo it is totally normal to find a chameleon on the side of the road, take it home, and "Voila!", you have a sweet new pet...
April makes it into this pic from the village of Tung Po. Several cool things are happening here, most notably the Fulani chief (seated at left) and the chief of Tung Po (middle), who I think looks eerily similar to Gilligan...
I love sollum! It's a fermented drink made from sorghum. Drink one bowl only though; more than that and you feel a little funny...
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »

1:33 PM

Why did you stop writing your blog?    



» Post a Comment