The Places I've Been: Pendjari Safari #6


The Places I've Been

A spot to preserve my memories

Pendjari Safari #6

This trip was with Matt & Dave along with Aidan, Elijah, Asher and Gabriel. The highlights included 2 lions (it was too dark for pictures), a great buffalo crossing, a lone bull elephant encounter which I viewed from up top on Matt's Landcruiser, and tons of birds; especially exciting was my first sighting of a Violet Turaco!

Matt made up for honking at the lions we saw by orchestrating an exciting buffalo crossing. When these things get moving, it is quite a sight to behold!

This guy was beautiful and liked playing with us. The posturing that took place between him and the Landcruiser was classic to watch, and finally the big guy crossed about 20 feet in front of us.
He showed his temper a little bit with this trunk swing, but he was generally in a good mood.
Here he wasn't even reaching for anything; he was just showing off!
The Violet Turaco in flight, a truly gorgeous bird!
This little warthog describes exactly how I feel posting these pictures: I just wanna hurry up and get back to Pendjari!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment